Search for Volunteering Opportunities
New opportunities added daily. Powered by Be Collective.->
It’s certainly challenging times and thank you for your interest in giving your time to make a difference to someone affected or impacted by Coronavirus.
Do You Need Volunteers To Support Your Organisation? CLICK HERE
Please partner with Volunteer Now and share your opportunity with us so we can help to promote it widely and also with those registered directly with us. Our opportunity search and volunteer management platform is powered by Be Collective, so you will see their name and support information once you register.
For ‘How to’ guides and staff contacts, please click here.
Good Practice Guidance
It is important to remember that you need to keep yourself, those who you support and the organisations you volunteer with safe. Volunteer Now have published information sheets for more guidance when involving volunteers and volunteering during the Coronavirus crisis. They are listed below.
- Domestic Violence & Abuse Factsheet (COVID-19)
- Good Practice Considerations for those Groups Involving Volunteers in Response to COVID-19
- Good Practice Guidelines for Volunteers when Volunteering for a COVID-19 Opportunity
- Guidelines for Providing Volunteers’ Out of Pocket Expenses (COVID-19)
- Informal Volunteering in Response to COVID-19 – Keeping Yourself and Others Safe
- Keeping Children and Adults Safe Factsheet (COVID-19)
- Keeping Children and Young People Safe from Online Sexual Abuse (COVID-19)
- Offers of Help – Keeping Yourself Safe (COVID-19)
- Reintroducing Volunteers? Some Good Practice Considerations (COVID-19)
- Safe Communication Online with Children and Young People Factsheet (COVID-19)
- Sample Risk Assessment Template (COVID-19)
- Sample Volunteer Registration Form (COVID-19)
- Spotting the Signs of Financial Abuse (COVID-19)
- Volunteer Role Description (COVID-19)
- Volunteers & Paid Staff: Exploring the Issues (COVID-19)
To view all our Good Practice Guidance (COVID-19), click here.
View the latest Covid-19 guidelines from:
- Department for Communities:
– Coronavirus (COVID-19) Protocols for Councils who Engage Voluntary & Community Organisations in Regulated Activity with Adults
– Financial Help and Practical Support
- Department of Health NI
- Public Health Agency
- NI Direct:
– Information on the Reopening of Outdoor Spaces
– Coronavirus (COVID-19): Regulations, Guidance and What They Mean for You
- Charity Retail Association – Reopening Packs
- The Fundraising Regulator – Public Fundraising Guidance
- Community Transport Association
– Coronavirus Guidance for Community Transport
– Restarting your services Guidance for Community Transport Operators
- Education Authority Youth Service – Youth Restart (4 September 2020)
FREE Online Training
Keeping Adults Safe: See Something, Say Something – This session is suitable for staff and volunteers who may have some interface with adults at risk of harm but who do not work closely with them, to introduce them to adult safeguarding issues. *This is a Key Course for volunteers taking part in our #HelpEachOther Campaign and it is also suitable for the general public who may have concerns about their family, friends or neighbours. Register here.
Recorded Webinars – We now have a dedicated page for all our Recorded Webinars! These webinars cover many topics in relation to volunteering and volunteer involving organisations i.e. involving volunteers in response to COVID-19, youth volunteering, fundraising, volunteer driving, guidelines for volunteers & more!
View the page here.
If you have any queries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org